BAKED PARMESAN PRAWNS
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 250 gms prawns
- 500 gms penne pasta
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tin cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 220 C.
- While oven preheats, prepare pasta to package instructions, reducing cook time by 1 minute. Drain pasta, cover, and set aside.
- Pour melted butter in the bottom of a deep 8x8 baking dish. Add raw prawns and parsley, then toss to coat. Prawns should line the bottom of the dish in an even layer.
- Cook prawns in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While prawns cook, pour cream into a medium saucepan. Over medium heat, bring cream to a boil. Cook cream for 5 minutes, whisking constantly to avoid boiling over. After 5 minutes, add parmesan cheese and salt + pepper to taste. Bring mixture to boil again, continuing to whisk, and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked pasta to cream sauce and then toss to coat. If prawns are still cooking, cover and set aside pasta until prawns are done.
- Once prawns are done, reduce oven temp to 180 C (Tip: prop oven door open for a few minutes to help it cool faster). Temporarily transfer prawns and butter sauce to a small bowl. Pour pasta into the deep 8x8 baking dish, then add the buttery prawns back in on top of the pasta. Finish off by sprinkling chopped cherry tomatoes, 1-2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake pasta for 10-12 minutes or until cheese looks slightly melted and tomatoes are tender.
- Let parmesan baked prawns cool for 5 minutes before serving.